Donating a Car in Maryland to Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland supports cities like Bethesda, Silver Spring, and Hyattsville. Well, this article explains how to start your vehicle donations online or through a call with their representative.
Additionally, you’ll also find out why you should donate your car to Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland, how to donate a vehicle in Maryland, and the paperwork needed to donate your car in Maryland.
How to Start your Vehicle Donation Online or Call
Donating a car in Maryland is a way you can support the work at Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland. The proceeds from your car donation reverse back directly to assist in building & preparing homes for local families in Montgomery & Prince George’s Counties, Maryland.
Donating cars online in Maryland can also be very helpful in terms of tax deduction, and also, you can complete the process in 3 easy procedures without much thinking.
See Also Donate Cars to Illinois – Top Companies You Can Donate Cars to Charity
Why Donate your Car to Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland
- All net proceeds from the sale of your donated vehicle via Habitat’s car donation program in Maryland will assist local families.
- You can also qualify for a tax deduction for donating a vehicle.
- It’s fast and easy. Learn more about how vehicle donations work via this LINK.
- Taking an inefficient old used car off the road helps save gas and promotes air quality.
How Donating a Car in Maryland Works – Steps on How to Donate
You can possibly donate vehicles in Maryland in 3 easy steps as stated in the following outline below:
- Begin your donation online by visiting a donation wizard, or call the hotline: 1-877-277-4344
- The team associated with the wizard will ask you to provide details such as vehicle make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN), and current mileage.
- Once your vehicle is accepted, you can then schedule your car to be picked up whenever you like.
Documents Needed to Donate Vehicle in Maryland
- Maryland expects you to have a certificate of title in order to donate your car
- Completing your car donation to Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland will need filling out the vehicle title accordingly, which involves:
- Entering the name of the agency that processes car donations,
- Advanced Remarketing Services in the buyer/purchaser tab.
- Print & Sign your name in the seller/owner tab exactly the way it appears at the top of the title.
Most people that would like to donate vehicles in Maryland, must be wondering what type of vehicles are needed & donated in Maryland. Actually, all vehicles can be donated, but the major vehicles/automobiles that are donated include:
- Construction or Farm equipment (machines)
- And any other vehicle/automobile that running or not.
To start your donation online, CLICK HERE or call this line – (877) 277-4344.
See Also: Brave of Heart Scholarship for Dependents of frontline health care workers
Things You Should Consider Before Donating Your Vehicles to Charity in Maryland
The charity you’re donating your cars to in Maryland must be licensed as a Maryland wholesaler dealer. Wholesale dealers have no authority to trade vehicles to a retail buyer.
Be sure to fill in the name & address of the charity under the Assignment of Ownership section to properly complete the transfer of ownership of the vehicle to charity.
Meanwhile, most charities can request that you leave the new owner’s information blank, however, it leaves you at risk for future problems, because the title will be considered Open by the MVA and unassigned. Also, it can affect your tax deduction for the donation.
Before allowing the charity to take your vehicle, please remove the license plates from the vehicle & return them to the MVA.
To avoid & prevent uninsured motorist fees, make sure to hold on to the receipt, which you’ll receive for the plates, and cancel your automobile insurance as well after you’ve returned the license plates. For further assistance & searching topics, CLICK HERE.