As you already know, this website is dedicated to writing articles that are being asked by users. Today we have decided to write another article we found quite another of users asking. This article is about how to delete and deactivate your signal account.
When we run our query, we found that users are searching the internet with the following keyword below:
- delete signal account,
- deleting signal account,
- how to delete a signal account,
- deactivate signal account,
- delete account signal,
- how do i delete my signal account,
- how to deactivate signal account,
- how to delete signal account,
- how to delete signal app account,
Upon discovering this, we decided to write this article to solve the above queries that are crying for answers. However, we shall start this article by giving you a brief overview of Signal Free Messaging App. Then we shall go over and teach you how to delete and deactivate your account. Let us hit the road.
Brief Overview of Signal Free Messaging App
Signal is a messaging app that prioritizes privacy and security. It uses end-to-end encryption to protect the content of messages, ensuring that only the intended recipient can read them. Signal also collects very little user data, making it a popular choice for those who value their online privacy.
In addition to messaging, Signal supports voice and video calls, group messaging, and file sharing. It is available on iOS, Android, and desktop platforms, and is free to use.
How to Delete Account on Signal
To learn how to delete your signal account, kindly follow the guides below. However, note that before you can permanently delete your phone number/ account on Signal, the App must be installed and working properly on your device.
- Locate the signal App on your mobile device and open it.
- Click on your profile icon in the top-left corner of the Signal App.
- A list of dropdowns will be displayed for you. Kindly select “Advanced” from the list of options.
- Thereafter, scroll down and select “Delete Account.”
- In the next step, enter your phone number to confirm your intention to delete.
- Finally, click on “Delete Account.” to delete your account.
However, you should be aware that deleting your Signal account will erase all of your account data, including your messages and contacts, from Signal’s servers. Also note that if you have successfully deleted your account, it cannot be reversed.
How to Deactivate your Signal Account
If you have ever wondered if you can deactivate your signal account without deleting it, then this article is for you. Actually, you can deactivate your Signal account if you no longer want to use the app or if you want to take a break. Whichever reason it is, kindly use the steps below to deactivate your Signal account:
- Firstly, open the Signal App on your device.
- Click on your profile icon in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Also, click on “Advanced” from the list of options.
- Scroll down and select “Delete Account.”
- Finally, enter your phone number and tap on “Deactivate Account.”
However, you should be aware of the risk involved in deleting your account. Below are the risks:
- Deactivating your Signal account will remove your account information from Signal’s servers.
- Your messages, contacts, and other account data will be removed from signal entirely.
- Your phone number may still be visible to other Signal users who have your phone number in their contacts.
Finally, once you are done with your break, you can come back to Signal and reactivate your account. Below this article, we have also provided you with how to reactivate your signal account.
What is the difference between deleting and deactivating your Signal Account?
The main difference between deleting and deactivating your Signal account is that deleting your account permanently removes all of your data from Signal’s servers, while deactivating your account temporarily disables your account and removes your data from Signal’s servers until you reactivate your account.
When you delete your Signal account, all of your data, including your messages, contacts, groups, and settings, will be permanently deleted from Signal’s servers. This means that you won’t be able to recover your data or reactivate your account using the same phone number.
On the other hand, when you deactivate your Signal account, your account information will be removed from Signal’s servers, but your phone number will remain registered with Signal. Your contacts will no longer be able to message or call you, and you won’t be able to use Signal until you reactivate your account using the same phone number.
In summary, if you want to permanently delete your Signal account and remove all of your data from Signal’s servers, you should choose the “Delete Account” option. If you want to temporarily disable your account and remove your data from Signal’s servers until you reactivate your account, you should choose the “Deactivate Account” option.
How to reactivate my signal account
If you wish to reactivate your Signal account, please follow the guides below:
- Download the signal App on your device again and open it.
- Enter your phone number at the appropriate field and tap on either “Activate This Device” or “Register.”
- Immediately, Signal will send you a verification code via SMS or phone call.
- Quickly enter the code in the field provided and verify your phone number.
- If your phone number is successfully verified, you’ll be prompted to set up your profile and other account settings.
If you follow the steps above, then your account must have been reactivated successfully. The steps above will restore your account data, including your contacts, groups, and settings. However, please note that your message history will not be restored.
Finally, you can ask for help from Signal support if you run into any difficulties trying to reactivate your account.