How to Create Signal Account – Privacy violation has been a significant issue with social media platforms. With different kinds of frauds, spam and catfish and phishing being done using social media platforms, people are seriously wary of creating or joining social media these days. But amidst all these is a new kind of social media that promises to resolve privacy concerns and violations. Wait did I say new? Actually, the site has been around for a way but began making waves recently.
In this article, we shall discuss be discussing a social media called Signal. We will teach you the different ways to create an account, how to delete an account, how to sign in and how to perform other things on the platform. So if you have heard about Signal and you want to learn more about it, kindly follow this article to get all you need about maintaining an account with Signal.
Signal is an end-to-end messaging service platform that offers instant messaging, voice, and video calls to its subscribers. Text, voice notes, photos, videos, and other items can all be sent via the instant messaging feature offered in Signal. Also, subscribers can either interact as a group or individually.
From the features listed above, you would wonder if there is anything so different with Signal which makes it ideal for you to join. Let me quickly tell you what makes Signal ideal for you
- Not even Signal can wiretap your conversations or read your messages. That is because the system is built around respecting your privacy.
How to Create a Signal Account
Creating a Signal account does not require much time or effort. It is very easy and straightforward. However, you must understand the device that you can use to access Signal.
Currently, Signal App works on both IOS devices and Andriod devices. We shall briefly teach you how to sign up with Signal using any of the devices mentioned above.
How to sign up with Signal using an iPhone/iPod
If you are an iPhone user, kindly follow the guides below to start using Signal for iOS can make free international calls and send private messages to other Signal users worldwide.
- Make sure that your iOS device is running on iOS 12.2 version or later. This is the minimum requirement for iOS users.
- Open your Apple App Store and download the Signal and install the App thereafter.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to start the registration process.
- Firstly, you need to give the App permission to access Phone and Contacts.
- Then in the next step, kindly provide your mobile phone number in the space provided.
- You will be required to verify your phone number through either SMS or Voice call. Kindly, decide your preferred options and continue.
- If you decide to use the SMS option, you will be sent an SMS containing your verification code. Kindly enter the code and your account is created.
- The next step is for you to complete your profile by choosing your profile and other profile details.
- After completing your profile information, you will be required to create a security PIN. This security pin helps save your encrypted account and block any attempt of registration related to using your registered phone number.
- Finally, once you have created and reconfirmed your security PIN, then your account is set.
In case you have issues installing Signal on your iPhone? Follow these troubleshooting steps. Or you can reach out to the Signal support team for further guide.
How to sign up with Signal using an Andriod Device
For android device users, the registration steps mention above still apply. The only differences are the details we are going to list here.
- To use Signal, your device must be running on Android 5.0 or later. You should also be informed that Android tablets are not yet supported on Signal.
- Kindly download Signal from the Google Play Store and install the App.
- Thereafter, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the registration process as discussed above under iOS users.
- Lastly, in case you are having issues installing Signal on your Android phone, quickly use the troubleshooting steps guide below to resolve your issues.
How to Use Signal on your Laptop or Desktop Computer
Just like WhatsApp, you can use Signal on your Desktop and/or your Laptop. However, you can not use Signal independent of your signal on your mobile device. So you are basically linking your Signal to your Desktop and not necessarily creating a new account.
Please use the guide below to link your device:
- Make sure that Signal is installed and working on your Android phone or iPhone.
- Also, make sure that your OS supports Signal Desktop. For instance,
- Windows 10 and 11.
- macOS 10.13 and above.
- Linux 64-bit distributions supporting APT, like Ubuntu or Debian.
- Use the link below to download, install and open Signal on your Desktop.
- Windows: Follow prompts from the install link and Link Signal Desktop with your phone.
Finally, we would like you to know that users can make calls, video calls, and send encrypted messages using the free messaging app Signal. Also, it offers capabilities like group texting, file sending of great sizes, and excellent video call features. With a focus on keeping data secure and encrypted, Signal places a high priority on privacy and security. The software assures that messages and conversations are not accessed by outside parties and doesn’t collect user data for marketing purposes.