This article is going to be as brief as possible. We shall be teaching you how to create a discord server and also how to join one. In case this looks like what you want to learn, kindly follow the guides below. However, before, we delve into the main dish, let us quickly give you a brief overview of what the Discord App is all about.
Brief Overview of Discord App
What really is the Discord app?
Discord App was launched in 2015 as an online community for gamers and streamers. The App served as a means through which gamers and streamers easily communicate with each other while playing games together. However, you will also be able to enjoy this service if you have created an account with discord. Also, you must create a server or join one to be able to interact in the Discord community of gamers and streamers.
How to make a discord server – Create your discord server in a minute
Creating a server on discord is quite easy and straightforward. All you need to do is to follow the steps below and learn how to make a discord server in a minute.
- Open your Discord App and log in with your account. If you don’t have an account yet, quickly use this link here to learn how to create a discord account.
- Once you have successfully logged in, kindly click on the “+” icon on the left side of the Discord application to create a new server.
- Thereafter, you can either decide to create a server from scratch or use a template already created by Discord. I recommend that you use a pre-made template except if you are experienced.
- Depending on the option you choose, you will need to choose a name for your server, server icon, and as well as your region.
- Finally, tap the “Create” button to finish creating your server.
After creating your discord server, you may decide to do additional customization like the assignation of roles and permission as well as other server settings. Once you’re done, quickly share your server with others by inviting them using a server invite link.
All done! You were successful in setting up a Discord server. You may now start extending invitations, establishing channels, and personalizing your server to build a community that works for you.
How to join a discord server – How to get people to join your server
As we told you earlier, Discord is a community of gamers or streamers. One of the ways to take advantage of all the features of discord is to either create a server or join a server.
Although joining a server on discord is simple, you will need to have an invitation link or code. Once you have any of these two, kindly follow the guides below to learn how to join a Discord server:
- Firstly, you must have a Discord account. In case you don’t have one, kindly create one immediately.
- Locate the discord server you wish to join. You can locate the invitation link or code on the server’s website, or social media channels of the server you wish to join. You can even ask a member of the channel for a code or link if you know any.
- Locate the Join a Server tab on your Discord App and enter either the invitation link or copy in the space provided.
- Finally, if the server is a public server, you’ll be able to join immediately. But if the server was hosted privately, you will have to wait for the server administrator to approve your request to join his server.
Note: After joining a server, you should spend some time and learn about the rules of the server and familiarize yourself with the server and other community members. A major rule in almost every other server is to avoid being disrespectful to other members.
Thanks for reading this article today. Have fun. For support, kindly learn more on the Discord self-help blog using this link here.