Do you want to connect your Smart TV to WIFI but you don’t have a remote to do so immediately. In this article, we shall show you a step-by-step guide on how to quickly connect any Smart TV to a WIFI without a remote. If this looks like what you are looking for, kindly hang on and let us begin.
It is very possible that you may have your Smart TV and you wouldn’t have a remote or that the remote is not working.
Two ways to connect your Smart TV to a WIFI with no Remote
We shall be teaching you the two ways to connect your quickly connect your Smart TV to a WI-FI with no Remote. The two ways are listed below:
By using a USB Mouse to control your Smart TV:
Smart TVs are called smart because they are smart. They have advanced features that make life easy. For instance, most Smart TVs are built with a USB port either located at the back of the TV or by the side. They are also designed to support the connection between a Mouse for navigation and a keyboard for input and typing on the Smart TV.
To try this method and connect your Smart TV to WIFI using a mouse, kindly follow the guides below:
- Locate the USB port of your Smart TV
- Connect the USB mouse on the Smart TV
- Use the mouse to check if the TV detects it.
- If your Smart TV detects the mouse, kindly navigate to the WiFi settings of your TV and connect it to your WiFi.
By using an Ethernet Cable to connect your Smart TV to your WIFI Router
It is possible that you may not have a mouse locking around your house at the moment. However, there is another way to do this. You can use an ethernet cable to connect your Network Router to your Smart TV. So if your WIFI is powered by a router and you have an ethernet cable, connecting your router to your TV through cable is the best thing to do. This is because the speed is better.
The first thing to do is to check and make sure that your Smart TV has an Ethernet Port to enable this feature. Happily, most smart TV comes with an ethernet port so it is most likely that yours will have an ethernet port.
Follow this guide to learn how to connect your TV to a WIFI using an ethernet cable.
- Get an ethernet cable. Make sure to get a long and quality one with two ends. If you don’t have one, let us suggest a vendor for you using this link. DbillionDa Cat8 Ethernet Cable.
- Kindly plug one of the ends into the Router.
- Then plug the other end of the cable into the ethernet port to your Smart TV.
- Lastly, Check if your Smart TV has gained an internet connection.
99 percent of Smart TV comes with an ethernet port and a USB port that supports the usage of a Mouse for navigation and typing. This means that the two methods above will be easy to implement. It is quite a simple and strength-forward procedure. However, if you have further questions or contributions, kindly use the comment section below and let us know.
Finally, thank you for reading this article today on How to connect my smart tv to wifi without a remote. We hope you have gained insight.